Water bottles. I’ve an affinity with them since I was a child. Plastic, glass, metal, hybrid, you name it, I’ve got it. In fact, the reason I have so many is because I have the tendency to lose them while young.
Some were lost when I left them behind in a football field or volleyball court while others were forgotten at various spots where I stopped for a bit of fun.
Besides losing them, I was also a specialist in spoiling them — OK, the quality wasn’t quite as good back in my growing up years. The plastic cover will break or leak due to wear and tear — more tear than wear, I figured.
These days, I don’t buy water bottles. People either give them to me or I get them at events.
Last October, I received a water bottle that I really like. The Tiger brand is renowned for its sturdiness and the size was just right for my sling bag.
After nearly a year of use, somehow the top cover gave way and could not be fixed. I was disappointed and for the first time in decades, contemplated buying a replacement.
But, God knew what I needed and at a recent event, I got one. Typically, water bottles given as memento tend to be the cheaper kind — those that end up in storage or being given away to others.
This one was special. The Zoku stainless steel bottle was sturdy and solid. The hallmark of a good water bottle is its ability to keep water or other liquid contents at the same temperature when poured in. And this one excels. The ice remains in solid form even after a day or two and the water is icy cold — my kind of water after a long walk.
Here are five things I like about the Zoku stainless steel bottle:
- Nice colours. The range of metallic colours make them suitable for all — men, women, young, and old.
- Good build. It feels solid and fits nicely in the palm.
- Temperature retention. This is very important. Whether you like it hot or cold, it stays hot for up to 15 hours or cold for up to 70 hours.
- Smooth opening. The polished thread-free mouthpiece makes it easy to drink without that feeling of something poking at the mouth.
- Easy carrying. The removable paracord lanyard makes it easy to bring the bottle around.
Priced at S$31.90 at Qoo10, it is not overly expensive. What you get is a water bottle that will last and one that you will be proud to carry around.