Netflix released the thriller Lou on September 23. Set in Vancouver Island, the movie is about a young girl being kidnapped and how her mother and elderly neighbour joined hands to rescue her.
I love thrillers and action movies so caught the show over the weekend. Here are five reasons why you may want to too.
- Action-packed. From start to ending, the show captured my attention.
- Small cast. Sometimes, having just a few characters (in this case four) make s it easier to follow the plot. This spares us the challenge of trying to find links in relationships.
- Lead characters played their roles well. The leads are relatively unknown, at least to me. How many of us are familiar with Allison Janney, Jurnee Smollett, Logan Marshall-Green, or Ridley Bateman? Kudos to you if you know who they are. But not having a top name did not let the show down.
- Easily understandable. There’s no web of mystery that leaves the audience feeling lost. The thriller unveils at a nice pace, enough to keep a sense of suspense, yet not overly overcooked.
- The length of the movie. At 107 minutes long, it makes for a great after-dinner watch.
Overall, Lou is enjoyable and worth watching (hahaha). I’ve steered clear of commenting on the plot of the movie to avoid sharing spoilers.
Let me know what your thoughts after you’ve watched it. I’d love to hear from you.