Just to the east of Switzerland lies the country of Liechtenstein. This small country has a population of just under 40,000 citizens and is one of the world’s richest countries per capita!
On a recent trip to Switzerland, my family and I decided to take a trip to Liechtenstein’s – Vaduz, but honestly speaking, there weren’t many sites that provided detailed information on the country and on how to get there. Hence, here’s a quick guide on the most straight-forward way on getting there by public transport and some tips!
- From Zurich Main Station, hop on the train that is in the direction of Chur. Train runs pretty regularly in hourly intervals and the journey is just under an hour.
- Get off at the second stop – Sargans
- Walk towards bus stop – Sargans, Bahnhof, Stand B
- Take bus 12E in the direction of Vaduz – Post. This bus ride brings you across the border from Switzerland to Liechtenstein. This friendly border is peppered with some flags on each side that is seemingly not heavily guarded.
- Get off at the terminal station
Liechtenstein is a very quiet country, and the directions to Vaduz provided above brings you to the ‘touristy-centre’ of the capital. Here, you can drop by the Centro de información turística de Liechtenstein, or essentially, the Tourist Information stop where you can request for a tourist map that plots the various attractions in Vaduz.
More information to come on the various attractions I visited during the trip soon!
One response to “Getting to Liechtenstein from Zurich”
[…] my previous post, I mentioned on how to get to Liechtenstein from Zurich. On today’s post, I will talk about the activities to do in Vaduz, the capital of […]