How many speakers does a person need? How about one more? With a couple of Google Home speakers in my home, I wasn’t really in need of another speaker but the Wonderboom changed my mind.
Yes, it doesn’t have the smart capabilities of a Google Home. It can’t receive verbal instructions.
But, it’s sound does pack a punch and it is another great travelling companion. I can picture streaming music from my smartphone to it in my hotel room. With it’s 360-degree sound, it will fill the room with my favourite music nicely, especially in hotels where the TV channels are much to be desired.
Best of all, it can also be used safely in the bathroom and outdoors as it is waterproof and floats!
Here are five things that I like about the speaker (all in numbers):
- 360-degree sound: Great for listening wherever it’s placed.
- 1-metre under water: Chances of me using this outdoor are slim BUT should I want to bring it to the beach or by the swimming pool, I need not worry about the weather or dropping it into the water.
- 10-hour battery life: That’s enough juice for an entire day out without recharging, which incidentally takes about three hours to fully recharge.
- 33-metre range: It can stream music from your mobile device all the way across the house.
- 2 are better than one: If one Wonderboom is not enough, pair it with another and you’ll get stereo sound.
The Wonderboom scores for its portability, ruggedness and sound. Officially listed at S$149, it can be had for S$89 at Shopee.